One of the most rewarding parts of my life is undoubtedly helping others. Through my involvement in Charity League, I have spent more than 300 hours assisting the less fortunate in my community, and even in other parts of the country! You don’t have to be a member of a charity group to get involved – there are so many ways to help out on your own, or with your family! Below I’m sharing a few of my tips for making a difference in the lives of others, and trust me – it feels so good!
1. Choose an area of service that actually interests you.
2. Get involved with a friend or family member – it’s double the help and double the fun!
3. Look for virtual or at home opportunities for convenience, and you can do it on your own time.
4. Look for service opportunities on your local community Facebook page, community magazine or city hall board!
5. Identify your values – what causes are close to your heart/worth your time?
6. Don’t get spread too thin – focus in on one or two special areas!
I hope this helps! In the photo above my sister and I created festive flower arrangements for our local senior home’s 4th of July brunch! We both love helping the elderly, and are very patriotic, so this was a fun way to combine both loves!