Hi everyone! I hope you all had a safe & happy Halloween. I am so excited because it’s officially Christmas in my mind! November 1st until New Years is my absolute favorite time of year – I genuinely love the holidays! I’ll be sharing my huge gift guide later this week so be on the look out for that!
I spent this long weekend out in La Quinta, which is a golf community neat Palm Springs in Southern California. My family has been coming out here since I was a baby, and it is one of my favorite places ever. I’m so excited to share some pictures from my trip!
all of the architecture out here is absolutely stunning – the Spanish style homes and décor is so iconic! We added these tiles around our front door a few years ago and it really elevates the look! A well known place out here is the La Quinta Resort, which is one of my favorite places to go during Christmas time for cocktails (mocktails for me) and appetizers by the fireplace. They have similar Spanish style architecture and beautiful tiles/fountains. Plus, the resort has a big Lilly Pulitzer store which is a major plus for me! I have never stayed overnight at the resort since we have our home here, but it is so fun to spend the day there or grab dinner!
Our neighborhood in encircled by a great walking loop with stunning views, so my family and I love walking in the morning. When I was little I used to ride my bike, roller skate and scooter around the loop, but now I love to walk. Walking early in the morning is my favorite time because I am able to see the gorgeous sunrise!
Shopping is another one of my favorite activities – wherever I am! La Quinta is home to El Paseo which is a gorgeous outdoor shopping complex, and also has many streets full of stores. Lilly Pulitzer had a pop up store last year, and we shopped the After Party Sale in January. There is also a HUGE Nordstrom Rack out here, and since there aren’t many young women my age shopping out here, I always find the best items! I found a few cute Maaji bikinis that I’m so excited to wear next summer & some Drybar hair products.
Halloween isn’t something I usually get super excited about, but this year was so much fun! My PopPop made us an amazing brunch, then I went on a nice long bike ride. Afterwards, I lounged by the pool for a little bit & went swimming with Rory! We played in a golf competition at the country club – the girls in the family dressed as mermaids, and the boys dressed as pirates. We even decorated the golf carts and it was so much fun! We ended the night off with chili and then warmed up in the hot tub and watched The Young Frankenstein.
Some of my other favorite restaurants/places in La Quinta:
– Tu Madrés || upscale Mexican food & everything is fresh + homemade
– Heirloom Kitchen || farm to table food with great brunch options
– Sherman’s Deli || I discovered this place last winter – it’s a Jewish deli with the most AMAZING sandwiches and black & white cookies
– The La Quinta Resort || I’ve never stayed here because we have our house, but I’ve always loved grabbing appetizers/mocktails & dinner here – they have beautiful outdoor dining and warm fire pits in the winter
– The Living Desert || I’ve been going to the Living Desert since before I could walk, and it’s still one of my favorite places in La Quinta. It’s a large walkable “zoo” with a huge selection of different animals – from mountain lions + zebras to giraffes (that you can feed) + wild pigs
– the shops at El Paseo || I love shopping no matter where I go, and I love visiting El Paseo whenever I’m in town. They have some of my favorite stores like Kate Spade, Sephora, Lilly, Lululemon, Anthropologie, and others. They used to have a J.Crew too, but it’s not there anymore.
Now I’m in the car adding the finishing touches to this – I’m headed home today but I’ll be back out here in 2 weeks.